Wills and Probate
Navigate the complexities of probate with Sterlings Wills and Probate Services LLP
When a family member or close friend dies, it’s an emotional and stressful time. There are so many legal and administrative issues that require urgent attention it can become totally overwhelming, especially during times of grief.
Sterlings Wills and Probate Services LLP will work with you to obtain the grant of probate and calculate inheritance tax liabilities. We will always be considerate and supportive at this difficult time.
5 reasons why we are a great choice for probate
- We take care of all the legal paperwork;
- We calculate all taxes payable;
- We remove the stress and make a complex process quicker;
- We will obtain the official Grant of Probate and distribute any assets;
- We save you time and money.
We are licensed to offer a probate service
Probate is the official process of administering the estate of a person who has died and ensuring its distribution to those who will inherit, after discharging any debts and liabilities. It can be very complicated and having a reliable and someone you know well and to whom you can delegate the matters to be resolved in accordance with the law is essential.
We can provide a full probate service and are ideally placed to do this and help you by preparing the necessary inheritance tax returns and calculations and obtaining the Grant of Probate.
By administering the complex inheritance tax and probate paperwork on your behalf, the entire procedure can be dealt with by one professional. Apart from making things easier for you, using us instead of a probate solicitor means a notoriously long-winded process can be completed more quickly.
We offer a full probate service for clients, which includes:
- Preparing estate accounts;
- Calculating tax position to the date of death and for the period of administration of the estate;
- Completing inheritance tax calculations and submitting inheritance tax returns;
- Agreeing inheritance tax liability with HMRC;
- Obtaining Grant of Probate;
- Distributing estate assets.
We can also offer other associated services
- Inheritance Tax advice;
- Review of your existing Will and suggesting adjustments;
- New Will preparation;
- Advice on Trusts and applying for Lasting Power of Attorney.
Our fees will be based on an hourly rate and capped to 1¼% the gross estate value (plus VAT).